Sunday, February 13, 2005

A little coy for Miss Joy...

Coyness...

I had nursery duty this morning at my church. I snapped a bunch of pictures of the kids playing. The one above is of my favorite five year old named Mireille (French for miracle, pronounced 'Mir-ray').

Mireille latched onto me a few years ago and we have been buddies ever since. She readily abadons her parents to spend the night with me occasionally and to take some adventurous outings. Her Mom and Dad are quite reserved and somehow when I am around her I feel that it is my job to give her the forum to let loose a bit. Hence the coy smirk on her face.

Hoping to have a coy baby of my own soon...

3 comments:

Stacy said...

How is her name pronounced? like mary-elle? Or muriel? What a cutie!

Pr. Joy Blaylock said...

She is a cutie--you pronounce it "mir-ray".

JJ said...

I think you just helped name my future daughter. I wanted a middle name that honoured my husband's french ancestry. We were going to use Marie, but now when and if we have a daughter Mireille is so much more fitting.